Summer, where are you?! I needed some brightness in my life, so I made this blueberry and cherry crisp. Then I ate it with my eyes closed, and I pretended it was about 70 degrees warmer than it actually was.
This is so easy, no seriously, this is so easy to make. And you can make it and only dirty one bowl and one baking pan. Aren’t those kind of desserts the best? My husband is in charge of the dishes most nights, so I try to take it easy on him sometimes in this area.
I am not a person who loves super sweet desserts, so if you want something sweet, you might want to up the sugar or serve with some good vanilla coconut ice cream or whipped topping on top to sweeten it up. You can also mix up the fruit, if you prefer raspberries or blackberries or strawberries- the sky is the limit here.
This would be a great dessert on a warm summer day, or on a day that you are pretending it’s warm so that you can muster the energy to get out from under that electric blanket and do something. 🙂
Blueberry Crisp, 6 servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar (add a couple more tablespoons if you want it sweeter)
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half of lemon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened, almost melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup oats
- Start by preheating the oven to 375F. Place the fruit in a 9×9 baking sheet, toss with the 3 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp sugar, and lemon zest and juice.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the rest of the remaining ingredients. Use your hands here, so you can really mix the butter into the rest of the ingredients. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over the fruit, it won’t cover it all, but it will cover most of it. Press mixture down to flatten. Bake for 45 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool, but serve warm.
3 thoughts on “Blueberry Crisp”
Oh so yummy!
Thanks, I hope you give it a try! 🙂
Eating your Blueberry Crisp right now. Excellent! Thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person